Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 5 Texas Stadium Moments

So the Cowboys lost again. Before I rant about the team, I had to cover my top 5 Texas Stadium moments. Mine are much more personal and do not have a whole lot to do with football.

5. 12/25/2006-MNF Iggles 23- Cowboys 7. Bad result, but pretty cool to do MNF on Christmas Day with my father in law. Nice moment.

4. 10/23/2006- MNF Giants 36- Cowboys 22. The Tony Romo Era begins. I was never happier to see Drew Bledsoe get benched. The night started in the nose bleeds, moved to the 30 yard line 10 rows up . Snuck into the Stadium Club. Met Tony Castillas and hugged him...A LOT. On a related note, saw him at a party the next year and wore his Super Bowl Ring. Pretty cool. Don't you wish you had a BFF like that.

3. 09/15/2002- Titans 13- Cowboys-21. Not an overly memorable game, except for the fact that after the victory, my lovely wife (then fiancee) was drenched with beer from an over zealous fan on the luxury suites. I then had to put her on a plane home with no change of clothes. She was not happy.

2. 12/14/08 Giants 8-Cowboys 20. 10 yard line 5 rows up!!! Enough said. I learned what football was really like. I was like a kid watching for the first time.

1. 10/15/2001-MNF Redskins 7-Cowboys 9. Not a barn burner until the final whistle. All hell broke loose and I feared for my life. Before I could get down from my seat I saw a man get thrown down about 23 rows by a man in his 70's, a man yell at an 8 year kid in a RED (no Redskins) shirt, and said kid's father absolutely blindsiding the yeller and knocking him out.

We were in a war zone. I was never going back. I guess you never forget your first!!

As for my thoughts on the Cowboys. Follow this link. http://www.theticket.com/podcast.asp It sums it up nicely. Look under the Ticket Top 10 and Select Norm's rant. That says it all.

No comments: